Order of Service
- Processional Hymn: “Immortal, Invisible, God only wise”. A&M 372, RCH 12, MHB 34.
- Call to Worship
- Prayers of Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving
- OT Lesson: 1Sam. 26: 1-8
- Psalm 119:9-19
- NT Lesson: Matt. 6:19-24 – Blessing Igwe
- Praise Worship / Intercessory Prayers
- Hymn for Sermon “My Faith looks up to thee” RCH 415, MHB 238
- Sermon – Barr. Ike Chime
- The Apostle’s Creed
- The Choir
- Offerings: Tithe, Freewill Offering/Seed
- Thanksgiving: Mr. & Mrs. Chibuikem Ochie
- Recessional HYMN: “A charge to keep, I have” MHB 578, A&M 328, RCH 518
- Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great name we praise.
- Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
Nor wanting, nor wasting, Thou rulest in might;
Thy justice like mountains high soaring above
Thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.
- To all life Thou givest, to both great and small;
In all life Thou livest, the true life of all;
We blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
And wither and perish, but nought changeth Thee.
- Great Father of Glory, pure Father of Light
Thine angels adore Thee, all veiling their sight;
All laud we would render, O help us to see:
’Tis only the splendor of light hideth Thee.
- My faith looks up to thee
Thou Lamb of Calvary
Now hear me while I pray
Take all my guilt away
O let me from this day
Be wholly thine!
- May thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart
My zeal inspire!
As thou hast died for me
O may my love to thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be
A living fire!
- When life’s dark maze I tread
And griefs around me spread
Be thou my guide
Bid darkness turn to day
Wipe sorrow’s tears away
Nor let me ever stray
From thee aside
- When ends life’s transient dream
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll
Blest Savior, then in love
Fear and distrust remove
O bear me safe above
A ransomed soul!
A charge to keep I have,
a God to glorify,
a never-dying soul to save,
and fit it for the sky.
- To serve the present age,
my calling to fulfill;
O may it all my powers engage
to do my Master’s will!
- Arm me with jealous care,
as in thy sight to live,
and oh, thy servant, Lord,
prepare a strict account to give
- Help me to watch and pray,
and on thyself rely,
assured, if I my trust betray,
I shall forever die.
- We joyfully and respectfully welcome our Preacher and all our visitors and first timers. May the Lord richly bless you all in Jesus name.
- MID WEEK SERVICE WEDNESDAY 5pm members are prayerfully welcome. Come and be blessed.
- THE PRAYER TEAM OF CHAPEL meets every Thursday by 5:30pm at the basement. All those whom the Lord is giving a burden to uphold the Church in Prayer are welcome. Outreach prayer group to join Chapel Prayer Team.
- Kindly contact the Chaplain or the Assistant for your Counselling needs.
- BIBLE STUDY – every Friday by 5pm. THEME: Visions at the island of Patmos. TEXT: Rev. 1:1-20. Please endeavor to attend.
- BAND PRACTICES every Saturday by 2pm prompt.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL – Sunday 8am.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL 7am. TOPIC: Effectual Prayer Life. TEXT: 1Sam 1:5-20, James 5:13-18. FOLLOW-UP CLASS – Sunday 7am.
- MEN’S FELLOWSHIP will hold its first general meetings in 2021 as follows; Saturday, 27th Feb. Annual Men’s Retreat by 9am in the Children’s section at The COR RESOURCE CENRE. All Chapel single and married men are welcome.
- The Chapel Council will hold its 1st Meeting in 2021 on Monday, 1st March, 2021 by pm in the Council Chamber at the COR RESOURCE CENTRE. All Members are encouraged to attend and be punctual.
- There will be SOLEMN ASSEMBLY on Saturday March 6th, 9am – 12 noon. Please come fasting.
- DESTINY CONFERENCE 2021: THEME: Living for Impact, Date: March 19th (4pm) – March 20th (8am). VENUE: COR Resource Center UNEC.
- MARRIAGE BANNS:
- Uzochukwu Emmanuel Chigbo and Ezema Oguguo Nkemfuruanya 21/3/2021 12 noon.
- CHAPEL UPCOMING EVENT:
Mothers Sunday 14/3/2021